Hola my friends! How is everyone? i hope your weeks are all off to the great start that mine is so far. I spent almost the entire week last week in bed, unable to move at all, so when I woke up Sunday morning feeling a ton better, I was so so thankful. I always seem to take things for granted until something like this happens.
ANYWAYS!! Let's get right down to the art, shall we? Today I'm sharing some iPhone cases that I designed. I started the project with the intention of making only one for myself, but once I got started I just didn't want to stop so I made 5 different designs total.
How did I make them? Let me tell you! I'll even give you measurements so that if you want to make your own you don't have to measure yourself. :)
**NOTE: The phone that I own is the iPhone3, but I tried the cases with the iPhone4 and they work just fine...the only difference being that it's a tiny bit looser.**
What you will need:
1. Measurement Chart
2. 1 Sheet of Felt.
3. Needle and Thread.
4. A vintage Button
5. Any Extras you want to add to make your case unique.
To Design your case:
1. Click on the measurement chart below so that it pops up in full size (8.5x11) and then print it off so that you can use it as a quick measuring tool for your project.
2. Cut out the felt piece so that you can get a feel for size, etc. Make sure you fold it in half so that you can see how much will fit on each side.
3. Embellish the case the way you want it to look. IMPORTANT NOTE: It is important that you decorate it before sewing up the edges because it makes it so much harder if you sew and then decorate.
4. Sew on the button and then measure a button hole so that it fits exactly. Make sure you reinforce both the button and the whole since they will see the majority of the use from this project.
5. Fold the whole thing in half and then stitch carefully around the edges.
6. Slip your iPhone in and do a little happy dance that you both a. finished a cool project and b. have an iPhone case that is one-of-a-kind. :)
P.S. We are starting a new thing around here where each person that submits a project will be sharing a fact about themselves. This is to help you get to know each of us a little better outside our tutorial writing skills. :)
So here's my very first one: FACT: I try to clean our entire apartment and do laundry everyday. I made a strict "no laundry baskets" rule about 6 or 7 months ago because I was starting to let it all pile up and then I'd have 10 big baskets of laundry by the end of the week. So now I make myself fold every piece straight from the dryer. In fact, I won't put in a new load until the last one has been folded.
Got any fun facts about yourself? You know that's my thing, so please share! :)