Simple, well stated and vintage fabulous with color infusion. Those are words I think of when I see Becky Novacek's art. I just love how she can say so much with one of her amazing photographs and just a couple words. She is definitely one of my all-time favorite artists, and I'm so super excited that she is a part of our team. She is just one of those artists that does it all. Fabulous photography, fabulous scrapbooking, amazing decor and so on...exactly what we love! And I'm also very pleased to introduce her as our first design team highlighted artist. So if you haven't run across Becky or her work anywhere (although I'm sure most of you have!) you are in for a big treat!
First, a quick glimpse into her art studio...one that many of us would absolutely die for:
so amazing right? I just love the antiques with the big hanging pom poms and chandelier. And the side view with the grouping of art on the wall that adds such a great touch to a creative space...I love an art studio that is filled with inspiration as well as product! In fact, just looking at photos of her space puts me in the mood to do a home decor project...or to take a tour through the rest of her house, which I'm positive must be equally amazing.
But before I do that, I want to share a little quirky list of random questions that I sent to all the girls on the design team. I've loved reading through them to find out little unknown facts about the cartwheel girls! Here's Becky's list:1. confession time: tell me something about you that you don't always feel proud to shout from the rooftops.
I'm a very tolerant person, but when I reach my limit, I'm done.
2. if you could meet anyone on tv right now (in character or as a person) who would it be? and why?
I love tv, but I truly have no desire to meet anyone on my shows! i don't want to be disillusioned!
3. what is your favorite color?
4. tell us an embarrassing story from your childhood...
I was such a tomboy and would take my shirt off and pretend to be a boy.
5. if you could visit anywhere in the world where would it be?
Paris....to flea market and eat : )
6. what's the craziest thing you've done for art?
I trespass often to get a unique photo.
7. if you could invent anything, what would it be?
a cure for cancer
8. what would the soundtrack of your life sound like?
9. stranded on a deserted island, what one scrapbook supply would you take with you?
10. if you received a million dollars and had to use it only on yourself, what would you buy?
I would renovate my house exactly the way i want it and take a really nice vacation while it's being renovated. Sorta selfish!
11. if you could have 1 magical power what would it be?
12. who is your style hero?
13. in one word...describe yourself.
14. if you could have any job in the world, what would it be?
15. if you could only talk to one other living person for the rest of your life, who would it be?
16. funny or romantic? gorgeous or rich? creative or handy?
17. what is your motto in life?
Be real, work hard and have passion, make time for rich relationships, seek God and live to do His will.
And finally, some of Becky's personal favorites including:
OVERALL FAVORITE ART PIECE: a recent scrapbook page showcasing one of her adorable grandchildren and a very-Becky design.
And a quick shot of the jars she keeps her vintage ribbons in to stay organized.
And there you have it...a little glimpse into the very fabulous art of Becky Novacek. :) You can read more about her on her daily blog updates at www.beckynovacekphotography.com and see more of her art very soon right here on the cartwheels blog. I think you are going to love the article she is planning to write on a regular basis...so inspiring!
Check back soon for our photo share of the day by Cindy!